Jul 9, 2012

Vannoy family campout

This past winter I decided that for our family vacation this year we would go stay in a cabin in Colorado. Close enough to spend part of the time with my Vannoy family, but somewhere in the woods to offer diversity for our family vacation.

My mom really liked this idea and went to work looking for a cabin big enough for her entire family, all 22 of us. She did a good job and we got two cabin at the rocky mountain lodge. Everyone made sure this weekend would work and the plans were made.

The cabins were located in a beautiful place, almost up to plateuro, I have no clue how to spell that. We all got there on the 4th but due to fire restrictions all fire works were banned. We did get rain on and off throughout the weekend, which was so needed.

Let's just say the first night, when we had one cabin was fun. Parker was a little grouchy and was on the floor right by my bed. His sleeping bag was the kind that make a cracking noise when they move and he moved. He moved from one end of the room to the other in the night, about 25 feet, so I didn't sleep much with that rustling noise and also his baby brother crying in the night.

It was fun though and I moved rooms the second night and slept wonderfully from then on.

Here are some of the fun things we got to do.

We did a few small hikes, John and the men hiked into bear lake for fishing.

We rode four wheelers a lot, my dad was nice enough to bring all four of his up to the cabins.

We all hiked up to a waterfall

I drove up to the reservoir

We played games

We cooked a lot

And, we just had a wonderful time together as a family.


Thanks mom and dad for turning my little family vacation into a outstanding family reunion!

No comments: