Jun 6, 2012

I haven't had time to blog in a long time and I decided that if I didn't have time while my girls were in school, I definately wouldn't have time while I'm trying to help them have one of the funnest summers ever.  You know the funnest summer ever attitude only lasts the first 2 weeks of summer :)  Right now as I blog I can here Abby screaming outside, it's not a scream because she's hurt or in danger it's a scream because she's mad.  She's mad because I won't take her over to her friend Katie's house to play, so much for a fun summer (but I am blogging :))

To start our summer off well and make it where we can get lots done but not make me have to clean up after children constantly I made a very basic chore chart.  I've had lots of people ask me how I have the girls do chores and keep the house clean, so here's a list.  Everyday the girls have to do their basic pickups, make their beds, practice the piano and have individual chores for that day.  I estimate this should take about 1-1/2 hours to finish everything (including piano) if the will do their work quickly. 
Here is Hailey's daily chores: Monday- Vacuum all rooms in the house & take all laundry to the laundry room, Tuesday - Clean bedroom (she has to pick up everyday), Weed, Wednesday - Clean her bathroom, Thursday - Vacuum LR again, clean LR, Friday -  Clean up basement (unfinished with lots of toys down there) and garage
Here is Alyssa's daily chores: Monday - Dust bedrooms, LR and dining room, Tuesday - Clean bedroom, weed, Wednesday - Shake out bathroom rugs, Clean up toys in basement, Thursday - Clean sister closet (walk-in) and guest bedroom, Friday - Clean bedroom, wipe down sinks and toilets with clorox wipes
1965126_product
I decided to teach the girls their piano lessons this summer just so that I can monitor their progress a little more.  I found some really awesome books I can play more primary songs for Alyssa and Mormon kids bignotes for Hailey.  I'm really hoping that I can get some of that old love of playing the piano back in Hailey as she learns to play the primary songs that she loves to sing.

Thats not all we do, we have been to pools multiple times already this summer.  Macey gets left home when we venture to 7 peaks and Hailey now knows not to wander off or she may wind up lost for 2 or 3 hours.  We have went on bike rides, played in the water in our backyard and our neighbors back yards, and went on exploritory hikes.  Not to much we can do yet when I'm still not suppose to be driving for another week.




I also am making my girls work on multiplication and division this summer.  I guess you can tell what there mama taught :)  Haileys book club (mother/daughter book club) is the Pennderwicks all the little 9-12 year old girls are excited to read this and if you're looking for a good read for your child.... this could be it.
the penderwicks book jacket

No comments: